This years event is at Hoglands Park on Friday 25th July 2014
In 2014, Southampton Children’s Play Association will be taking the lead again on the Southampton Play Day event to be held in Hoglands Park on Friday 25th July 2014 and will be organising the event with the help and guidance of Southampton City Council’s Development Officer, Tony Hill.
Southampton Play Day is an annual free event, during which Southampton children’s organisations and independent volunteers work together to provide a variety of fun play activities for the city’s children and their families. SCPA play workers and volunteers support the other organisations to deliver their activities to the children.
In previous years, activities have included Multi Sports and Games, Carnival Costume Dress Up, Urban Farm, Circus Skills Painting, Collage Activities, Messy Play, Sand & Water Play, Wood Play, African Drumming, Play-dough Making, Stock Car Painting, Bubble Play, Storytelling, Badge Making, Under 5’s Soft-Play, Hook-a-Duck and Windmill Making.
Already confirmed for this year are:
- My Journey Roadshow with the Bike Doctor, cycle-powered smoothie making and more.
- Mill Cottage Farm will be bring their beautiful animals to provide hands-on interaction.
- Hampshire Fire & Rescue Service and their Fire Truck.
- Children and Young People’s Information Service (CYPIS) will be hosting outdoor games.
- Southampton City Scouts will be doing badge-making activities.
- The Junior Neighbourhood Wardens will be bringing some giant board games.
- Sure Start South Cluster will be running some water play activities.
- Sure Start West Cluster will be running a Play Dough making workshop and collage activities.
- Prospects will be providing free healthy refreshments.
- Girl Guiding UK - Woolston District will be making friendship bracelets and facilitating this year’s Infant Soft Play.
- SCPA will be delivering a wide variety of fun craft activities, including Carnival Costume Dress Up.
Also, look out for your chance to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Southampton being awarded its city status by making a special flag to wave during the grand parade.